- 1 (397g) pkg. frozen puff pastry, thawed according to package instructions
- All purpose flour for dusting
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp Bonne Maman strawberry jam, plus more for drizzling
- 1 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut in half
- Salt and pepper for taste
- Handful of micro greens (such a radish or basil) for garnish
Prep Time: 20 mins.
Cook Time: 15-20 mins
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line baking sheet with silicon baking mat or compostable parchment paper.
- On floured surface roll out puff pastry (if not pre-rolled) into a square or rectangle about 12- x 12- inches. Using a pizza cutter or knife trim about 1/2 inch of pastry around edges and fold over outer edge to create a frame. Place back in fridge while you prepare remaining ingredients or waiting for oven to come to temperature.
- With pastry brush, brush surface and edges of puff pastry lightly with egg wash then with a light coating of Bonne Maman strawberry jam.
- Sprinkle with Gruyere and cut asparagus. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and asparagus is tender. Let cool for 5 minutes before adding a handful of fresh micro greens and a drizzle of more jam if desired. Enjoy!
Recipe developped by Christine Tizzard.